The People’s Church has the following ministries:
- Global Missions – We here at The People’s Church take seriously the commandment of Jesus Christ to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (Mat. 28: 18-20). Currently, our church helps send and support many full-time missionaries throughout the globe. We also regularly organize ministry teams from our own congregation who serve on short-term missionary ventures.
- Somerville Christian Academy – It is with great sadness that we must announce the closure of the Somerville Christian Academy effective August 2018. Peoples Church has operated this ministry for some 40 years and countless lives have been touched over the years. We were endeavouring to move forward into the new world of educational realities and opportunities that we face in our world today and seeking leadership to take the SCA in that direction. After searching for almost two years and almost burning out our people trying to keep it going, God still has not provided a principal and thus we felt that He is telling us to close down this ministry under the umbrella of Peoples Church. It may very well be that He plans to raise up another ministry that will be able to reach a broader constituency and be able to take advantage of opportunities that the SCA cannot while still a part of Peoples church.
- Awana Clubs – (Ages 3 to Grade 8) Join us Wednesdays at 6:30 PM for exciting games, singing, Bible lessons, and many more fun activities.
- Prayer & Bible Study Groups – Prayer is the key to any ministry. On Wednesday, groups meet to seek the face of God in prayer. Caring and sharing are vital as we build the Christian community. Currently, we have two groups – one that meets at the church in Somerville and second at a home in Woodstock.
- Pulse Youth Group – (Grades 9- 12) Every Friday at 7:00 PM, a vibrant, enthusiastic group of teens gather to make friends, have fellowship and gain the tools to explore their world and live for Christ. Special theme nights and retreats are only a few of our activities.