The People’s Church has the following ministries:
- Global Missions – We here at The People’s Church take seriously the commandment of Jesus Christ to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (Mat. 28: 18-20). Currently, our church helps send and support many full-time missionaries throughout the globe. We also regularly organize ministry teams from our own congregation who serve on short-term missionary ventures.
- Somerville Christian Academy – (Grades K – 7) – SCA began as a Kindergarten Program in September 1979. Shortly, thereafter we added other grades to the program. Currently we serve up to and including Grade 6. This academy places heavy emphasis on education basics while remaining distinctly Christian in both philosophy and emphasis. The academy uses the A BEKA curriculum plus other education materials. SCA operates with qualified teachers and meets and exceeds the standards established by the New Brunswick Department of Education. We strive for educational excellence as we seek to “Lay a foundation on which to build a life.”
- Awana Clubs – (Ages 3 to Grade 8) Join us Wednesdays at 6:30 PM for exciting games, singing, Bible lessons, and many more fun activities.
- Prayer & Bible Study Groups – Prayer is the key to any ministry. On Wednesday, groups meet to seek the face of God in prayer. Caring and sharing are vital as we build the Christian community. Currently, we have two groups – one that meets at the church in Somerville and second at a home in Woodstock.
- Pulse Youth Group – (Grades 9- 12) Every Friday at 7:00 PM, a vibrant, enthusiastic group of teens gather to make friends, have fellowship and gain the tools to explore their world and live for Christ. Special theme nights and retreats are only a few of our activities.